And behold, a Canaanitish woman came out from those borders, and cried, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a demon.
- But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
- But he answered and said, I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
- But she came and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
- And he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread and cast it to the dogs.
- But she said, Yea, Lord: for even the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.
- Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it done unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was healed from that hour.
- Canaanitish woman
- Vladimir Maglena